Original portfolio site from 2003. While masquerading as a personal portfolio, the site is a satire on the art/design portfolio websites of the period:
- A full-flash site with an over designed, unintuitive, ridiculously complex navigation interface
- A long and tedious full-flash ‘intro’, hinting at what the site is about
- A ‘who am I / profile’ section talking about the person behind the work, showing off their achievements
- A ‘future’ section showing off future plans
- A ‘thoughts’ section (precursor to the explosion of blogs with web 2.0) delving into off-topic philosophical discussions
- A ‘jukebox’ to play the hot tracks of the day, and drive graphic equalizers and other components of the site (in this case every animation on the site is driven by the tempo of the current track).
The site is still (partially) online at abstractshit.com
PS. The intro to this site is also where my pixelated face avatar originates from.